musescore in debian squeeze amd64, mscore.real goes to 100% cpu

Jon

musescore in debian squeeze amd64, mscore.real goes to 100% cpu

Jon
Hello everybody,

i just install musescore to have a look of the program in  debian squeeze amd64,

#aptitude install musescore

and  after  i take a look of the program (looks great), i notice that one core of my cpu was at 100% with "mscore.real" process

my musescore version: 0.9.6+dfsg-1

i'm not going to use musescore, i just a technician, but if you need reports to debug , tell me, (i don't know what you need)

bye

Re: musescore in debian squeeze amd64, mscore.real goes to 100% cpu

lasconic
Administrator
Hi Jon,
MuseScore 0.9.6 is quite old. We made some great progress since the release. One thing you could try is launch MuseScore from the command line with the -s switch. So
$mscore -s

And report the CPU usage. -s launches MuseScore without audio out and internal synthesizer.

Lasconic

2011/1/26 Jon <[hidden email]>

Hello everybody,

i just install musescore to have a look of the program in  debian squeeze
amd64,

#aptitude install musescore

and  after  i take a look of the program (looks great), i notice that one
core of my cpu was at 100% with "mscore.real" process

my musescore version: 0.9.6+dfsg-1

i'm not going to use musescore, i just a technician, but if you need reports
to debug , tell me, (i don't know what you need)

bye

Re: musescore in debian squeeze amd64, mscore.real goes to 100% cpu

Toby Smithe-2
Hi Jon,

2011/1/26 Jon <[hidden email]>:
> and  after  i take a look of the program (looks great), i notice that one
> core of my cpu was at 100% with "mscore.real" process

Because of the difficulty/slowness in getting packages sponsored in
Debian, the musescore package there tends to lag behind that of the
one in Ubuntu. If you don't mind rebuilding the package from source,
you can try the Ubuntu maverick version[1], which I believe does not
suffer this bug.

I intend to update the packages in both Ubuntu and Debian when version
1.0 is released, at which point I'll also try to clear up any
remaining open bugs, and also investigate the restarting of the Ubuntu
musescore unstable archive.

[1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/musescore
    http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/m/musescore/musescore_0.9.6.3+dfsg-0ubuntu2.dsc

All the best,

--
Toby Smithe
Debian Maintainer

Re: musescore in debian squeeze amd64, mscore.real goes to 100% cpu

Ruben
Hello. (I do not speak English, sorry if I make any mistake)
I have installed musecore 0.9.6.3   on linuxmint 10 (amd 64 dual core)
I had no problem with CPU usage, all went well
But...
I needed to install (by another program, not MuseScore) alsa-oss
They started the problems: cpu usage jumped to 90-100% when playing in MuseScore
(mscore.real 100% , with the command 'top' in a terminal)

Then I uninstalled alsa-oss. All returned to normal operation. The cpu usage does not exceed 65%.

I have no explanation. But it happened

bye