Feature request: when pasting lyrics, split them on spaces

Feature request: when pasting lyrics, split them on spaces

Thomas Bonte
Administrator
It happens quite often that one happens to have the lyrics already typed out and when one wishes to add the lyrics to notes, it's a quite heavy copy paste work for the moment. A nice solution would be that when pasting a chunk of copied text on the first note, that only the first word is connected to the first note and that the cursor is going automatically to the second note but remains in lyrics mode. When hitting CTRL-V again, the second word is pasted and the cursor goes on to the next note and so on ...

For the moment, when you paste a chunk of text to a note (CTRL-L), it's all pasted to the same note. Split the clipboard content on the first occurrence of a space, paste the first word to the first note when the users hits CTRL-V and move the lyrics cursor to the following note after that. Wait for the user to hit CTRL-V again. And so on.

If this is still unclear, check Sibelius which does it in this way.
Thx!

Re: Feature request: when pasting lyrics, split them on spaces

wschweer
Administrator
its implemented in rev 1208

On Montag 27 Oktober 2008, Thomas Bonte wrote:

> It happens quite often that one happens to have the lyrics already typed out
> and when one wishes to add the lyrics to notes, it's a quite heavy copy
> paste work for the moment. A nice solution would be that when pasting a
> chunk of copied text on the first note, that only the first word is
> connected to the first note and that the cursor is going automatically to
> the second note but remains in lyrics mode. When hitting CTRL-V again, the
> second word is pasted and the cursor goes on to the next note and so on ...
>
> For the moment, when you paste a chunk of text to a note (CTRL-L), it's all
> pasted to the same note. Split the clipboard content on the first occurrence
> of a space, paste the first word to the first note when the users hits
> CTRL-V and move the lyrics cursor to the following note after that. Wait for
> the user to hit CTRL-V again. And so on.
>
> If this is still unclear, check Sibelius which does it in this way.
> Thx!

Re: Feature request: when pasting lyrics, split them on spaces

lasconic
Administrator
Great :) I'm building a new prerelease :)
lasconic