Catalan and Qt translation

lasconic
Administrator
Hi,
I added mscore_ca.ts in r2214 from http://www.musescore.org/en/node/3109#comment-7510
As you can read, Carles clavero also provides a qt_ca.ts file. I have no idea what the best practise is to put this into musescore.
I know that other languages don't have at qt translation. So the issue might raise again later.
Someone (Werner?) has an suggestion?

Btw, as I added it recently, mscore_ca.ts is not part of the big translation update in r2215.
Could you explain what this big translation update is?Just make lupdate and commit?

Lasconic

Re: Catalan and Qt translation

wschweer9
Qt translations should go into the mscore translation directory. This should
already work for windows. For linux the current code does not look into this
directory for qt translations, which must be added.

Am Samstag 17 Oktober 2009 13:16:33 schrieb Lasconic:

> Hi,
> I added mscore_ca.ts in r2214 from
> http://www.musescore.org/en/node/3109#comment-7510
> As you can read, Carles clavero also provides a qt_ca.ts file. I have no
> idea what the best practise is to put this into musescore.
> I know that other languages don't have at qt translation. So the issue
>  might raise again later.
> Someone (Werner?) has an suggestion?
>
> Btw, as I added it recently, mscore_ca.ts is not part of the big
>  translation update in r2215.
> Could you explain what this big translation update is?Just make lupdate and
> commit?
>

> Lasconic

Re: Catalan and Qt translation

lasconic
Administrator
I guess you mean the QM file at runtime right?
My point was about where to put it in the build system. Should we commit the qt_xx.qm file or the ts one?
if ts, how we process it in the build process?

Lasconic

2009/10/17 Werner Schweer <[hidden email]>
Qt translations should go into the mscore translation directory. This should
already work for windows. For linux the current code does not look into this
directory for qt translations, which must be added.

Am Samstag 17 Oktober 2009 13:16:33 schrieb Lasconic:
> Hi,
> I added mscore_ca.ts in r2214 from
> http://www.musescore.org/en/node/3109#comment-7510
> As you can read, Carles clavero also provides a qt_ca.ts file. I have no
> idea what the best practise is to put this into musescore.
> I know that other languages don't have at qt translation. So the issue
>  might raise again later.
> Someone (Werner?) has an suggestion?
>
> Btw, as I added it recently, mscore_ca.ts is not part of the big
>  translation update in r2215.
> Could you explain what this big translation update is?Just make lupdate and
> commit?
>

> Lasconic

Re: Catalan and Qt translation

wschweer9
Yes i was refering to the qm runtime.
We should commit the ts file because its the source.
I just saw that we install both the ts and the qm files which ist
questionable. It was meant as a convenience for translators to get access to
the ts files without checking out the sources.

Am Samstag 17 Oktober 2009 15:21:05 schrieb Lasconic:

> I guess you mean the QM file at runtime right?
> My point was about where to put it in the build system. Should we commit
>  the qt_xx.qm file or the ts one?
> if ts, how we process it in the build process?
>
> Lasconic
>
> 2009/10/17 Werner Schweer <[hidden email]>
>
> > Qt translations should go into the mscore translation directory. This
> > should
> > already work for windows. For linux the current code does not look into
> > this
> > directory for qt translations, which must be added.
> >
> > Am Samstag 17 Oktober 2009 13:16:33 schrieb Lasconic:
> > > Hi,
> > > I added mscore_ca.ts in r2214 from
> > > http://www.musescore.org/en/node/3109#comment-7510
> > > As you can read, Carles clavero also provides a qt_ca.ts file. I have
> > > no idea what the best practise is to put this into musescore.
> > > I know that other languages don't have at qt translation. So the issue
> > >  might raise again later.
> > > Someone (Werner?) has an suggestion?
> > >
> > > Btw, as I added it recently, mscore_ca.ts is not part of the big
> > >  translation update in r2215.
> > > Could you explain what this big translation update is?Just make lupdate
> >
> > and
> >
> > > commit?
> > >

> > > Lasconic

Re: Catalan and Qt translation

Thomas Bonte
Administrator
While it could have been convenient for translators to translate from the local ts file, it's maybe better to remove them now because:
- the current best practice is to download the most recent ts file directly from the repository
- in the near future, there will be the translation server which will be in sync with the repository

Werner Schweer wrote